Thursday, February 08, 2007

And It Only Gets Better...

You know those days...no I take that back, those weeks....when the hits just keep on coming? Well this has been one of those. We've all had strep, I had a tooth pulled, and today.....I had to take Miss Emilee to the doctor because she sprained her hand. I'm starting to think someone has it in for us...lol
Answer to question....she sprained her hand playing football at AWANA's Wednesday night...that's my girl! So now she has this little splint and she's all about the sympathy. I kinda felt bad because at first I thought she was just faking it because she is what do you call it? Hypochondriac...every little thing....but this time it was for real, unfortunately.
Do you know how hard it is to type on my laptop with Rachel laying across my chest. I have decided that if Rachel were ever involved in the mob she would have this name....Fingers Marvin....is an explanation really necessary? Here I am sitting her typing, minding my own business and next thing you know I notice the numbers lock key is pushed down and I have tons of numbers....and I am not a numbers person!
So anyways I just got done telling Michael that we have good entertainment at our house. Michael's trying to change Rachel's diaper before we put her to bed and she is fighting like a croc would the crocodile hunter. I mean Michael has her every which way to upside down and sideways trying to get that diaper on her. He finally gets the diaper on, is trying to get her legs back in her jammies....one leg in and he's working on the other one....oops the other legs back out, time to start all over again. By the time he's almost done he has Rachel standing on her head putting her legs in her jammies. She's a slippery one that Rachel. Good entertainment value.
We took Sara (and those other two children I call mine) to Pizza Inn tonight for supper. While we were at the pediatrician getting Emilee's hand x-rayed, Sara decided she wanted pizza...so why not? I mean Emilee has the sprained hand and Sara gets the stickers, the restaurant and all the glory...lol Nah, Emilee wanted pizza too and Rachel just eats anything. So anyway, we're at pizza inn visiting with Grammy...we all have pizza, noodles, etc....except for Sara who decides she doesn't want to eat (you know she's one of those kids who eats when she's ready and tonight was one of those nights). So we tell her she needs to eat her supper because we're not cooking when we get home....that line is said alot in our house. She says she's full. Finally we leave, get in the van, we're half way home and I hear Sara....I want cookie pizza...I'm hungry. Is it just my children that are like this?
We have this fish tank....10 gallons, it's supposed to be a tropical fish tank actually. Michael set it up about a month or so ago and he says lets get some sacrificial fish...nice huh? haha So we go to Walmart and he tells this lady he wants about 5 of those 28 cent goldfish....the lady ended up giving us around 15 because she was frustrated, only charged us for 5....anyways. Things were going good until I started reading up on goldfish/tropical fish aquariums. Apparently you can't mix the two fish....so now we have a goldfish tank, sorry had. So we have all these itty bitty fish...I wanted big fish, you know the kind you don't have to squint to see. So off to walmart we (as in me and the kids) go and we pick out the huge wavy looking calico goldfish and then one of these monster size pearl/orange colored goldfish. Now they were named Disney and Monopoly respectively. Now Monopoly was true to his name....that fish monopolized the tank. He terrorized the little fish...it was fun to watch. Oh and I can't forget the snail. Emilee picked out a Blue (something or other name) snail at PetsMart. Now that snail is quick and snails are supposed to be slow aren't they. So Michael named him Gary (from Spongebob). Monopoly would be swimming around the tank; Gary would be minding his own business cleaning the side of the tank....next thing you know Monopoly comes swimming at Gary and hits him making Gary go flying off into oblivion....lol It was hilarious. So anyways, goldfish apparently produce lots of ammonia and if you don't change the water like almost everyday (with the amount of fish we had) its really really bad. Long story made short....all the fish are dead, but Gary is still kicking it. And you want to know the funny story.....one day Emilee and I discovered that Gary is actually a part Gabriella because he or she depending on how you put it had babies. Three little itty bitty snails to be exact and they were actually kind of cute....well all but one really because Michael killed the other two (snail murderer! lol) Apparently a baby snails shell is really soft and you shouldn't try to pick them up.....sucks for the snail. So we were all kind of sad when two of the babies died. Then one day we noticed these jelly looking protrusions growing on Gary's shell and we were quite worried....until we went to PetsMart and found out Gary/Gabriella was a parent to be. That snail left sacs all over that tank (even on his previous baby songirl...ewwwww!) And you would not believe how many snails that lone little bugger produced. Our previous fishtank has now been invaded by snails....there are probably 80 or so itty bitty potentials crawling around in that tank thanks to Gary...or Gabriella. So if you know of anyone who needs a snail PLEASE have them give us a shout. The children and I really would like to have some room in our tank for fish...sigh

No comments: