Thursday, April 21, 2005

Cherishing The Rugrats

Went to the doctor today; specifically the OB doctor. Baby's heart rate sounds great but...yes there is always a but with me it seems. Had some protein in my urine sample so now I have to collect all my urine for the next 24 hours...how wierd is that? They gave me a jug and this little thing to catch the urine in the toilet and told me to make sure to keep it refrigerated. I can see it now...my husband gets up in the middle of the night dying of thirst, grabs the nearest jug in the 'frig and screams in disgust. Anyways...wierd topic huh?So Friday I have to go back to the OB and have a Non-Stress Test done....the short of it, they count how many times the baby moves in a certain period of time and this determines if the baby is under any stress. I had tons of these done with Miss Emilee, just not so early. Here's hoping the baby doesn't decide to take her nap then.It's supposed to rain tonight...I really hope it does because hopefully it will wash all the pollen away. I swear the van is brown...and it is originally blue. Woke up this morning and my voice was gone...not a good thing when you've got two rambunctious little girls to look after. Speaking of the rugrats they are doing much better. Emilee came home from school with this huge scrape/cut on her knee; said some kid pushed her down....is it wrong to tell her to push back? Because everything in my being was screaming to tell her that...but the mommy in me says 'well it must've been an accident huh?' It's so hard sometimes to know what to say and do...most of the time I just want to run and protect her but in this life she is going to have to learn to stand up for herself. Don't think this means if some bully is bothering her day in and day out that I wouldn't be the first in line to kick their ass for her...lol The drama.Miss Sara's cough is much better today...she still coughs but at least she doesn't act like she is going to puke everytime now. In the waiting room at the doctor today, there were some other babies Sara's age....she is just so fascinated by the little people her size. It must be the age group because the other babies were interested too...just not as much as Sara. Sara is such a friendly, caring baby. She pushes a seat over to the little girl and pats it; telling her to have a seat. Then she jabbers and talks with her hands for a bit...then leans her head over sideways looking at the little girl waiting for a response. I swear I could sit and watch her all day sometimes. It's just amazing the things she says and does on a daily basis. I missed alot of this when Emilee was growing up; she was in daycare alot and I worked. I'd give anything to be able to go back and change that, but I guess everything happens for a reason huh? All I can do is cherish the time I have with her now.I'm taking Emilee to see Disney On Ice this weekend. Tickets are outrageous but I promised her we'd go. I can't wait...I've always wanted to go see this show....I think I may be more excited than she is...who's the kid here now?It's almost time for the new Star Wars movie to premiere. I cannot wait! Huge Star Wars fan here....I think my most favorite out of the new movies is Episode II...it's got it all; the adventure, the romance...gorgeous locations. I've refrained from reading any spoilers about the new movie...I mean we all know what's going to happen in the end. Anakin is turned into Vader....and I think almost all Star Wars fans know what happened to cause this don't they?This new Pope we have....does anyone else find it strange that his name is Benedict? I've got a bad feeling about this...just rubs me the wrong way, instincts I guess, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.Well sleep is calling my name...the benedryl is kicking in again and the pillow is beckoning me. Have a great night....

No comments: