So I finally have a moment...that's it. This past weekend we got Michael's daughters, Christina & Alyssa. I must say every time we have all the girls under one roof for an extended period of time, chaos ensues. Imagine that...lol
We picked them up on Friday and they all were complete chatterboxes, happy to see each other. We all went to Pizza Inn to eat cause you know everybody loves pizza! After we got home they all played....the three older ones more than the little ones. Sara Elisabeth is so excited when they come over and because she is so little they just don't want to play with her much...it breaks her heart.
So Saturday, Grammy came to get the big girls to go to Fun Expedition. It was a belated birthday gift for Alyssa, whose birthday was February 21stish I believe. So that morning before Grammy got here, Emilee came upstairs at 7 AM to ask me where the laptop was....I swear I just about killed her! 7 AM!!! So I send her away...actually I told her that Dad had the laptop and she could ask him for it....she opted to go back downstairs instead....wise decision! So you know my babies normally sleep till around 10 AM everyday....perfect considering Grammy was to be here at 10 to get the big girls...the little ones would sleep through their exit and life would be good and quiet considering they like to go with Grammy too. You know life never works the way you want it to right? So at 8AM Emilee comes up the stairs with Rachel...they had woken her up. Sweet right? grrrrrrrrrrrrr
So Michael finally gets up and is off to deal with the children. Grammy calls right before she gets to the house so Michael could take Sara and Rachel for a ride....needless to say Sara knew something was up and she didn't want to go. But the girls are off to Fun Expedition finally and I was left with the knowledge that we were having a surprise birthday party for my husband and two more of our family TONIGHT....not tomorrow as planned. sigh, and life just keeps going.
So I had to get the house cleaned up a little quicker than expected which was pretty easy....getting Michael to help wasn't. lol
Emilee had her basketball tournament Saturday at 2...so we went to that. The girls did awesome during the last quarter of the game. If they had played like that the entire season, their team would've kicked ass! Instead we lost pretty much the entire season and of course lost the tournament game as well. But they had fun....I think.
So the game ends and all the girls but Rachel are off with Grammy again. It's my job to keep my husband away from the house while they shop and then come to decorate. Do you know how much he wanted to kill me after the 2nd hour of Walmart...lol We shopped baby clothes and more! But we made it back to the party right on time:) It was a fun party...Spongebob theme, pizza, cake, ice cream, games....the works! And fun presents. I think the funniest part of the party was when Sara gave Uncle Ed his present. He opened it and told Sara thank you....I think it was this little etchasketch. Sara was downright mad that Uncle Ed was keeping her present! It only got better when Andrew opened his present from Sara (a bowling ball set), told her thank you, put it with his stuff.....and Sara throws herself on the floor, full on Scarlett OHara style, and proceeds to cry because Andrew kept her present. She just doesn't understand the gift of giving just yet I suppose. It probably didn't help that she did get all of "her" gifts back...including the dartboard she got for Daddy....lol
So did I mention the nail polish fiasco? Well apparently the girls wanted to paint their nails, which is totally okay. What was totally not okay is the fact they didn't shut the bathroom door when they were done NOT putting the nail polish away, the fact they didn't put the baby gate up so the baby couldn't get to the bathroom door. Long story short, Rachel got in the bathroom, confiscated the nail polish, and proceeded to paint the bathroom floor, the toilet, herself, and the shoes. It was a disaster!
So finally Saturday is over....big sigh of relief.....Sunday morning comes and we are all trying to get ready for church. Now we only have one working bathroom at the moment because my husband refuses to use dynamite to solve our plumbing problems...go figure! So that means we have 6 girls trying to take a shower and get ready in 2 hours.....with a half size water heater in a stand up shower. Let me tell you, that alone is an experience. Ask Michael just how cold the water was for his shower....lol
The rest of the day after church went smoothly....we ate at KFC, the girls played outside, Rachel napped....then it was time to take Christina & Alyssa home. Apparently by the time we got there, they had cooked up a plan for Emilee to come to church with them. It was movie/pizza night....so we said yes and dropped Emilee off too. It'll be a couple of hours we were told when to come back to pick her up. This was at 4:00, church started at 5:00....
So instead of going back home, unloading, then reloading in a couple of hours we just went for a drive. Got a little expresso.....went up to the picnic area on Buffalo mountain. Sara and Michael went for a short hike while I stayed in the van with a very sleeping Rachel. Then they built a small fire in one of the grills that was set up there. It was fun. By the time we got Emilee from church it was after 8....not a couple of hours later mind you. But eventually we found our comfy little beds and crashed!
Told you chaos ensued....lol
So yesterday was my anniversary. Michael and I have been married for three years. Funny thing is, if anyone had asked me five years ago where I would be today I would've never guessed this. But God has a master plan for all of us and he knew that I would be happy here....and I am.
Well my fingers are numb and I'm getting tired of typing....so hope you had fun reading!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment