Tuesday, July 12, 2005
I Think I Could Be Crazy - July 12, 2005
Well tons has happened since I last blogged. My newest little rugrat has arrived. Rachel Michelle was born on May 20, 2005 weighing 5 pounds 15 ounces and was 20 inches long. Talk about an easy labor & delivery. They had to induce me because of pre-eclampsia...definitely a last minute thing! Talk about a rush! Well finally I was at the hospital; medicine running through the IV to get my labor started; after waiting all night and most of the day I finally had I think four hard contractions and that was right about the time they came to put my epidural in. Back to sleep I go. A few hours later I wake up to find the nurse standing beside the bed; said they should do another check on me soon...okay I said. Apparently the doctors and nurses thought I had a while to go before the baby came...said she was still pretty far up in the birth canal. So here is the doctor to check me; she says push a little and let me see if I can feel her head....okay I say. So I push...exactly what they asked me to do. Stop, stop, stop they say! Apparently that one little push had pushed her head almost out. So there I lay, the doctor holding the baby's head inside me while everyone else is running around like crazy getting all the equipment ready to deliver my baby...they didn't even have the incubator in the room yet...lol Finally I get to "push" my baby the rest of the way out...and I use quotations because she pretty much just slid the rest of the way out. My little girl was just beautiful, amazing, precious...I could go on and on. There's nothing like the feeling of seeing your baby for the first time after feeling her in your womb all those months. Of all the memories I have the most vivid ones are the ones when I first lay eyes upon my girls...and their eyes locked with mine. Makes my heart flutter just thinking about it.Speaking of those three little rugrats they are all asleep on my bed here beside me. They are so amazing...I love to watch them sleep..just something about it. Rachel is so loved. My Emilee babies her...she is like a little momma with her. I swear when she grows up she will do something with children. Maybe a pediatrician or a daycare manager...well you get the drift. Now Sara thinks Rachel is her own personal baby doll. She hugs Rachel up real tight to her and says 'mine'. And she likes to cover her up with a blanket and then jerk it off...actually she likes to jerk of the blankets I cover the baby up with too. And Sara likes to give Rachel her pacifier and then just as Rachel is sucking it real good, Sara likes to jerk it out of her mouth...lol Poor Rachel...All in all things are going really well. Not much jealously to deal with at all...the baby is sleeping through the night now; no problems to deal with; life is good. We have family up from Florida due to hurricane Dennis. God has blessed them once again...He blessed us first when Ivan ripped through Pensacola. Not much damage to their homes and what damage their was, was minor. This time we don't have any damage to their homes at all....now we are just waiting on the electricity to be fixed. So thank you Lord for blessing this family! Now we are watching for the next tropical storm/hurricane to choose it's path. Guess what it's name is? Hurricane Emily...and if it's anything like my daughter and what she does to her bedroom, well it could be a doozy! Well that said, I'm off to put the little ones to their own beds. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment