Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Musings

As I sit waiting on the water pressure to return so I can take a shower I want to write some of the things that ran through my mind last night as I tried to sleep. As usual I had stayed up half the night, heading towards my bedroom around 4 a.m. Passing the couch where Sara Elisabeth was sleeping, she must've heard me say good night to my dear hubby because up popped her beautiful little head with a gorgeous smile attached. She asked for chocolate milk and she received chocolate milk. After kissing daddy goodnight we were off to bed.

Now Sara Elisabeth has a certain way she likes to fall asleep. First we have to snuggle up in the bed together and then she chooses a body part to be rubbed. I think the very first one was her back. She would say 'Rub my back mommy' in the sweetest little voice and of course I would rub. Now over time we've graduated to legs, arms, belly....I think the oddest part was toes, but being a good mommy I rubbed....lol

Last night's pick was her legs. So as we lay in bed, mommy rubbing her tiny little legs, staring at each other in the quietness, Sara looks over at me and says 'You so pretty'. Just out of the blue like that she said it and it absolutely melted my heart. I said thank you and gave her a kiss and then I told her that she was much prettier than mommy with her big brown eyes and her long, wavy hair. One day my little, precious girl is going to break lots of hearts.

On the flip side I believe that Sara is going to do great things for our Lord Jesus. I can't really explain my belief except for the fact that Sara really adores her Jesus. She likes the Bible songs, she loves loves loves church, she always remembers Him. Even when she was on the potty....She was trying to pee, so I was standing there talking to her explaining that big boys and girls use the potty. I am going through this whole list of names of people we know that use the potty, and Sara jumps in and says 'Jesus uses the potty too?' It's moments like those that make me know.

No comments: